Ramblings from a lingophile, pseudo environmentalist, former bus driver, and DC transplant.

10.13.2005

Fall "Break"

Today is the beginning of CU's exclusive "Fall Break." Fall Break is kind of a new thing that apparently was put in place after some riots a few years ago because students said that their lives were too stressful and they needed a break, so the school took two days away from our Thanksgiving break and put it here in the middle of October. I like a long weekend as much as the next day, but TOO STRESSED?! That's ridiculous. I am pretty sure that students at this school work a lot less than at some other schools that don't riot and don't have a fall break, but whatever.

Anyway, it's not going to be much of a break for me. I have a 15-20 page paper due on Wednesday that I pretty much have to finish this weekend. I have annotated bibliographies due for research papers in two other classes (meaning that I have to have all of my preliminary research done). I have a take-home test consisting of two short essays due on Monday. And then of course there is all the class reading that I have been getting behind on. Then I suppose I should find some time to go to work too since I'm broke again/still, although I'm not sure that they have a whole lot for me to do even... So as much as I would have enjoyed doing something fun and exciting for this long weekend, I am going to have to spend just about every free minute I have in the library.

One good thing though, I am going to have Indian food today with Amanda and Vina (yummy!), and I think there might be some Chinese food and go-karting planned for later in the weekend, but I'm not sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know - your workload sounds somewhat stressful, what with all the homework - at any rate way moreso than your typical postal worker, and we all know what happens when THEY snap .... You poor CU students .... Yea, I'd say you need some well-deserved yummy Indian food and go-karting, for sure, Dude!!!! Know what I mean??

If you are gonna be spending THAT MUCH time in the library, maybe it's high time to give the highly vaunted library nap another try.

Or you can come up to my place and we can share some quality time watching the grass grow just to give you some headspace.

Ai Bosi said...

Coming up to your place to work on my stuff sounds nice, but unfortunately I will need access to all the online journals to do my research and I can only access those from an on-campus internet connection.